A brief description of the area
Physical activity contributes to the preservation and promotion of health in different age groups. Appropriate physical activity during free time and worktime can reduce the negative effects of a modern lifestyle and importantly contributes to improved wellbeing. Acquiring knowledge on the effect of specific modalities of physical activity and seeking the optimal choice is one of the cornerstone goals in kinesiology. In light of this, our primary research focus is to explore short- and long-term effect of physical activity on human physical and psychosocial status.
A brief description of major research
Exploring the effect of different interventions for preserving health of the elderly and working populations.
Investigating the differences between kinaesthetic sense in different age groups and exploring the importance of kinaesthetic sense for movement control.
Exploring the field of muscle synergies within different working populations during task-specific movement patterns.
- Prof. Nejc Šarabon (SICRIS, ResearchGate)
- Assist. Prof. Matej Voglar (SICRIS, ResearchGate)
- Assist. Prof. Dorjana Zerbo Šporin (SICRIS, ResearchGate)
- Assist. Prof. Nina Mohorko (SICRIS, ResearchGate)
- Assist. Prof. Saša Kenig (SICRIS, ResearchGate)
- Assist. Denisa Manojlović (SICRIS, ResearchGate)
- Assist. Marina Dobnik (SICRIS, ResearchGate)
KASTELIC, Kaja, LIPOVAC, Dean, PEDIŠIĆ, Željko, KASTELIC, Nika, CHEN, Si-Tong, ŠARABON, Nejc. Associations of meeting 24-h movement guidelines with stress and self-rated health among adults: is meeting more guidelines associated with greater benefits. BMC public health. 2021, vol. 21, no. 929, str. 1-10. ISSN 1471-2458. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12889-021-10979-3, DOI: 10.1186/s12889-021-10979-3. [COBISS.SI-ID 63765251]
Laboratory head: Assist. Prof. Žiga Kozinc
- 3D motion capture system
- Wireless muscle activity measurement system
- Accelerometers ActivPAL, for evaluation of sedentary behavior and physical activity levels
- System for assessment of neuromuscular functions of the trunk
- Anthropometric set with calipers
- Thermal camera
- Multimeter with modules for measuring light, sound and temperature
- Vibration meter
- Additional accessories: digital inclinometers, goniometers, etc.
- Ultrasound apparatus Resona 7
- Mobile oxygen consumption meter
- Stationary metabolic cart with cycle ergometer
- Temperature and relative humidity sensors
- System for bilateral isometric strength assessments
- ActiGraph – Sensors for assessing physical activity and sedentary behavior