- Lectures: 20 hours
- Seminar: 10 hours
- Exercises 10 hours
- Independent work: 50 hours
1. Defining supervision, theoretical foundations of supervision, with an emphasis on communication and interaction in supervision, group dynamics and supervision, and the development and learning of supervision.
2. The functions of supervision, its contents and objectives; the role in professional and personal development.
3. Development of supervision as specific method of experiential learning in nursing care and its role in the field of working with people.
4. Course of supervision process. The role of supervisor and supervisee. Working forms of supervision process. How to become a supervisor: personal development of abilities and skills of (self)reflection, self-control, listening, observation and communication.
5. Models in supervision. Intervision – a specific form of common learning for professionals. Ethics in supervision.
6. Comparison of supervision and other active methods of teaching and learning.
7. Integration of supervision in clinical practice of nursing care: examples of policies, practices and documentation. The role of learning culture in organizations.
Individual and collective immersion of topics presented within lectures.
Experiential learning and role-play on the topic of problem solving process in supervision and teamwork in nursing care. The tutorials are conducted by an expert in the field of nursing care.