- Seminar: 3 hours
- Clinical exercises: 142 hours
- Independent work: 240 hours
Thematic field: FOOD PROCESSING AND FOOD QUALITY IN INDUSTRY:
• Introduction to the valid legislation from the field of foodstuffs, interpretation of the results of the tests conducted in individual food types according to the valid regulations from the fields of food quality and health suitability.
• Demonstration of the correct sampling (and transport) procedures for foods, swabs and waters.
• Determination of the nutritional and energy values of foods, actual testing regarding the declared value of foods (practical exercises to determine fats, nitrogen, water and ash levels in foods).
• Overview of the most frequent additives and contaminants in foods (introduction to methods, instrumental techniques (SPM, GC, GC-MS, AAS, FTIR) and practical execution.
• Drinking water: overview and presentation of valid legislation, control over water resources, methods – overview, practical execution.
• Laboratory accreditation, quality management system, credibility of tests conducted.
• Introduction to the basic production processes in the food industry, in the processing industry of foods of animal origin and plant origin.
• Introduction to the basic concepts of traceability assurance (internal control) and food safety assurance, good hygiene and production practice.
• Practical training in production facilities as well as control laboratories (development of professional qualification).
Introduction to work:
• In production facilities for the processing of foods of plant origin,
• In production facilities for the processing of foods of animal origin,
• In laboratories for food quality assurance.
Thematic field: FOOD ESTABLISHMENTS FOR DIFFERENT CONSUMER TARGET GROUPS:
• Adapting menus to different consumer groups according to norms, standards, different eating habits (alternative manners of nutrition).
• Introduction to the organization of institutions (institutes), business economics and ways of funding, work planning and cost calculation.
• Understanding the basic concepts of the adequate choice of foods and technological procedures for the preparation of balanced, healthy menus for different consumer target groups, according to age, medical condition or eating habits.
• Understanding the concepts of food safety assurance, good hygiene and production practice.
• Developing professional qualification.
Introduction to the work in establishments that prepare food for different target population groups:
• Establishments that prepare meals for children and adolescents: kindergartens, schools, residence halls for students.
• Establishments that prepare meals for an adult population (working organizations, food for employees, hotels, spas, etc.).
• Establishments that prepare meals adapted to the elderly and ill people.
Thematic field: GOVERNMENT AND NON-GOVERNMENTAL ORGANIZATIONS:
The practical training includes 90 lessons, 60 of which are carried out as professional practice directly in the working environment:
• Ministry of Health, etc.
• Coronary Societies and Clubs Association of Slovenia
• Heart and Vascular System Society
• Association of Slovenian Societies for Action Against Cancer
• Slovenian Red Cross, etc.