Study programme 3rd cycle
The main objective of the study programme is to train the candidate for independent international competitive scientific research work in the field of all movement activities and the meaning of movement for the development and health of people. From the point of view of classifying the social and economic goals of activities, the programme contributes to the area of preserving and improving human health and to the field of the social structure and social relations (education, training, permanent training, requalification).
Educational and professional goals:
- Profound understanding of theoretical and methodological concepts,
- Transfer of knowledge from theory and research work in practice and development,
- Learning professional terminology in relevant areas,
- Creative solution of interdisciplinary problems that emerge in the human-environment interaction,
- Qualification for independent development of new knowledge and resolving the most demanding problems by testing and improving known and forming new solutions,
- Qualification for the management of most demanding scientific research projects in the wider expert or scientific area,
- Development of critical reflection in expert and research work,
- Development of the quality of writing various scientific and expert texts.
Competences of graduates:
The competences of the doctoral graduate that concludes this study programme are in compliance with the recommendations of health care organisations and important strategic documents adopted by the World Health Organisation, competent EU line ministries and the ministries of the Republic of Slovenia. These mostly include the concern for health, stimulation of movement efficiency, creativity and the ability to work, all of which is integrated in economic functions of the state. The study programme offers competences, which the doctoral graduate can focus in further examination of the modern society problems with the purpose of applying scientific findings in theory and practice on the basis of understanding and knowing the field of kinesiology and the impacts of the environment in interaction with humans.
doktor znanosti / doktorica znanosti – (dr.)
Study programme general data
Completion of study
Admission to the first year of doctoral study programme shall be granted to the applicants (in accordance with the Higher Education Act) having:
- Masters degree in second degree study programmes
- University education study programmes – masters degree or specialisation after the concluded study programme for the acquisition of university education; for the enrolment in third degree doctoral study programmes the doctoral study coordinator issues a proposal for acknowledging the study obligations (minimum 60 credits)
- A degree in study programme for vocations regulated by the EU directives, or other uniform masters study programme, assessed with 300 ECTS.
The criteria for admission in case of enrolment limitation Candidates will be selected on the basis of their former studies, success and achievements on scientific and professional area. Individual elements for the selection will be assessed as follows:
- Priority will be given to candidates who complete the conditions of admission and have graduated from the Applied Kinesiology study programmes, from the Faculty of Sports and other nature science related programmes. – 30% of the selection criteria
- Study success (average grade) – 50% of the selection criteria
- Second degree study programmes
- University education study programmes
- Study programmes – specialisation after concluded higher education expert programme
- Masters study programmes or specialisation after acquiring university education
- Assessed interview and recent achievements in the scientific research field – 20% of the selection criteria
Conditions for admission according to the transition criteria Individual applications for admission according to the transition criteria are assessed by the UP FAMNIT Commission for Study Issues that can determine additional study obligations to each candidate according to the preliminary concluded studies. Advancement according to transition criteria. Candidates that have studied in similar scientific masters studies can be enrolled directly in the second year of the study. In case of limitation, the criteria for selecting candidates for the admission to the first year of the doctoral study shall be considered.
Requirements for progression to the next year
Students can advance in the second year, if two obligatory courses in the first semester are passed and the scientific-research work plan is prepared with the tutor. Prior to the drafting and presentation of the doctoral dissertation topic (2nd year), each student has to pass all examinations. Students can enrol in the third year if all examinations are passed and if the doctoral dissertation topic is confirmed.
Graduate employment opportunities
Doctoral graduates can work as highly qualified and leading employees in the field of research activities in the general field of organising sports and recreational activities, in the field of ergonomics and safe work as well as in the field of health protection, work therapy and rehabilitation. The doctoral graduate shall be qualified to work:
- At universities and science and research institutions,
- In the economy (private and public companies),
- In public sector: line ministries (the police, military, health care, education system, the economy),
- In health care sector – clinics, hospitals, health resorts and rehabilitation centres,
- In other education institutions and general education system,
- In tourism.